Please see the latest guidance regarding the coronavirus:
Current situation – last updated 6pm, 18 March 2020
The latest announcements are:
- Schools in England will close for most pupils from Friday afternoon (20/03/20), but where possible they’ll stay open (including during the Easter holidays) to look after:
- Children of key workers (e.g. NHS staff, police, delivery drivers)
- Vulnerable children (e.g. children with a social worker or an EHC plan)
- Schools will remain closed for all other pupils until further notice
- Exams due to be held in May and June will be cancelled, including GCSEs and A-levels, but the DfE has said it’ll work to ensure pupils get the qualifications they need. As soon as we have more information about this we will let families know.
Free School Meals
Please note that ‘Free School Meals’ is not the KS1 Universal Free School Meal that is given to KS1 children. ‘Free School Meal’ children are those who have applied for Free School Meal status.
23/03/20 – Free School Meal Families – A meal pack (some fruit & veg and 1 ready meal) can be collected from the School Office until 2pm on Monday or Tuesday . The pack is intended to last 5 days. 2 more ready meals will be available later on during the week and we will text you to let you know when these can be collected. There will be one pack per free school meal child.
Children on free school meals will get support from a national voucher system, which will be available as soon as possible. As soon as we have details from the government we will contact families about this.
The symptoms are usually:
- a new, continuous cough
- a high temperature (37.8C plus)
If your child or anyone in your household has any of these symptoms, everyone in the household must stay at home for 14 days.
If symptoms are no better after 7 days, contact 111.
If your child shows symptoms at school, you must come and collect them immediately.
To keep our community’s risk as low as possible, we are asking all children to wash their hands for 20 seconds with soapy water:
When they come into school in the morning
At the start of playtime
At the start of lunchtime
At the end of the day
If you have paid in advance for anything which will now be cancelled due to the coronavirus school closure (such as lunch money, Breakfast Club fees or After School Club fees) then please email the School Business Manager, Mrs Wright, with details so that she can organise a refund. email@example.com
Please note that the Year 3 trip has been electronically refunded and monies should be transferred within five working days of 19th March 2020.